Horizontal menu bar

13 September 2014

Heels and blades, or a parable about your habits

Well, lest my occasional reader irrevocably assume a notion I am all gloomy and into uncanny topics, here is my earlier reflection on how it feels to wear hight heels. I have to chip in beforehand, they are still my footwear of choice, and yes, I relish in dark arts and mysticism, but that is far and away another story, so...

Several years ago, having been almost bidding farewell to my dentist I was caught at the door sill with the question whether it's comfortable to trot on the heels like mine. Well, wearing braces is nothing in comparison to whimsical idea of operative legs elongation, so I'd rather linger on wearing high boots than undergo any surgery, moreover I don't even feel affected by their elevation at all. Habit's the second nature, what else to add.



What I've been kept doing through all my way back home was contemplating over high heel footwear advantages. It really owns them, in my slant, making the woman's feet look more graceful and aesthetic, statuesquely honing her proportions, complementing extra 3 to 13 cm to her desirable tallness, hence metamorphosing her physique to appear slimmer. Also fine heels are always a tinge of luxury. Not forget to mention that in an urgent case stiletto heels can turn into cold weapon. Thus, I was enumerating all noticeable and incredible “pros” of wearing flattering heels, until one distinct hindsight came down on me, the only occasion when I had lamented my heels penchant.



Luckily (for myself) I don't have photos of me lying prostrate on the ice sheet, albeit I believe they would entertain my reader. What was I doing in a such inconvenient posture? Once our girlie company had decided to go skating. What would have been easier, I thought, self-confidently suspecting that my childhood's experience would come in handy, and assuming that skating is one of those skill like swimming and riding bicycle, which are learnt-before-to-never-be-forgotten-ever. How mistaken had I been! The mere first attempt to stroke had resulted in hitting the ice with toe picks of my ice skates due to my predisposition to walk literally on the toes. And after I had got tired of permanent stumbling and falling down, lastly, I had managed to distribute my weight in a such manner that to keep ice skates' blades flat evading ploughing the ice. Fortunately, I had been pretty perfectly recollecting how to stand up quickly, leastwise my school days expertise had not been good for nothing. Don't worry, everybody had survived, not without the bruises though.



And in the end, coming back to nowadays in my narrative, I'd like to share some high heeled exemplars worth of being drooled upon their impeccability. Waving farewell to the recently gone summer, I share photos of three prominent platform sandal pairs I find marvellous and meriting to accentuate their beauty. I'm not going to praise them any more, because pictures talk for themselves! Stunning, aren't they?
Google

No comments:

Post a Comment